Grants and Scholarship
Grants, scientific and scholarship programs of National Aerospace University"Kharkiv Aviation Institute"(KhAI) As in any other modern higher educational institution, at the KhAI the international cooperation is a strategic direction to activity, which is aimed at the integration of the university as a whole and its separate subdivisions into world educational space. Such sort of activity promotes the establishment of strategic partner relations with higher educational institutions abroad as well as gives possibilities to get extra-budget financing from international funds, programs acting in the educational sphere.
The National Aerospace University"Kharkiv Aviation Institute"(KhAI) takes part in the following programs:
1. Program of Tempus/Tacis European Community
2. Scholarship programs of the DAAD German Service Academic Exchange
3. Program of International association of students and young specialist, involved in economy, management and AIESEC information technology
4. Edmund Masky Scholarship Program
5. The Fullbright Academic Exchange Program
6. The Program of the Council of IREX International Scientific studies and exchange "Act in support of the liberty"
Some details about these programs:
1. The Program of Tempus/Tacis European Community is one of several programs of the European Community, directed on rendering the assistance in the process of social and economic reforms in partner-countries. The Tempus Program gives the grants for creation of new or the transformation of already existing scholastic courses, restructuring of educational institutions, promotion of joint activity for the organizations (academic and non-academic)on a specific discipline.
The Information about the Tempus/Tacis program as well as the documents may be found on the following Websites: http://europa.eu.int/comm/education/tempus/index_en.html http://www.etf.eu.int/Tempus
2. The Scholarship Program of DAAD German Service Academic Exchange Service is a program, aimed at supporting international cooperation in the sphere of higher education and exchange programs (in both directions, i.e. to support germen's staying abroad and foreigners' staying in Germany with the purpose of getting education).
The information about the DAAD program and the documents may be found on the following Websites: http://www.daad.de/kiev http://kiev.daad.de
3. The Programs of International Association of students and young specialist involved in economy, management and AIESEC information technology is a program of the international practical trainings giving practical knowledge in the field of economy, management and AIESEC information technology. It deals with conduction of international conferences, projects, lectures, seminars amongst youth in many cities of Ukraine.
The Information about the AIESEC program may be found on the Websites: http://www.ua.aiesec.org
4. The Edmund Masky Scholarship Programis intended for a study at magistracies on economic and humanistic major subjects. The purpose of the program is that one which enables graduates to take an active part in the building of democratic society in their own countries and to make a significant contribution into the economic growth of the state, which they represent.
The information about the Edmund Masky Program may be found on the Website: http://www.americancouncils.org
5. The Fullbright Academic Exchange Program comprises the program of practical training for young teachers of higher educational institutions, cholarships for carrying out research studies or for delivering lectures at the universities of USA, program of scientists exchange for American researchers and lecturers , scholarships for training at the universities of USA. The purpose of the program is to extend the exchange of scientific information, strengthening of cooperation between scientific communities of Ukraine and USA, granting the possibilities for scientific activity in a broad spectrum of social and humanitarian problems.
The information about the Fullbright academic exchange program may be found on the Website: http://www.fulbright.org.ua
6. The Program of the Council of IREX International Scientific studies and exchange "Act in support of the liberty" gives a chance to first, second and the third year students (the higher educational institutions with five year system of training) to be trained on length of one year at a university or at 2-4-year college of USA. The scholastic disciplines are: business, economy, journalism, computer discipline, law, international relations, agriculture, sociology, political science.
The Information about the IREX Program "Act in support of the liberty" is possible to be found on the Website: http://www.irex.kiev.ua
7. The national information centre for Ukraine-EU S&T cooperation-NIP Ukraine. NIP Ukraine activities are focused on informing scientific community on possibilities of the EU Framework Programmes (starting from FP6), INTAS calls and other possibilities for international R&D cooperation in Ukraine. This work is performed in partnership with stakeholders, in particular with the ones with which NIP Ukraine has cooperative agreements.
The NIP Ukraine staff provides consultations on the following issues:
a. partner search;
b. effective use of the electronic systems like CORDIS;
c. the EC funded calls and possibilities for Ukrainian scientists to participate;
d. support of SMEs participation in international S&T cooperation;
e. Ukraine's participation in INTAS projects.
The NIP Ukraine staff provides consultations on the following issues:
The Information about the NIP as well as the documents may be found on the following Websites: http://www.fp6-nip.kiev.ua
8. The Science and Technology Center in Ukraine (STCU) is an intergovernmental organization dedicated to the prevention of the proliferation of expertise related to weapons of mass destruction (WMD).
The STCU vision: for a safer and better world, to assist former WMD experts in the transition to self-supporting, peaceful activities in the international science and business communities...and to do so using the best professional practices.
The Information about the STCU as well as the documents may be found on the following Websites: http://www.stcu.int
9. The U.S. Civilian Research & Development Foundation (CRDF).
The U.S. Civilian Research & Development Foundation (CRDF) is a nonprofit organization that promotes international scientific and technical collaboration. For its tenth anniversary in 2005, CRDF presented the first George Brown Award for International Scientific Cooperation to recognize the late Congressman's vision for international research cooperation and his important role in the efforts leading to CRDF's creation.
The Information about the CRDF as well as the documents may be found on the following Websites:
10. Cordis.CORDIS is the information service that keeps you up-to-date with European Community activities and initiatives in the field of Research & Development (R&D) and Innovation.
CORDIS is free of charge and offers a wide range of information about EU research and innovation policies, EU funding programmes, initiatives, potential partners, and previous and on-going projects. This service is a powerful knowledge and funding resource for both small and medium sized enterprises and big companies across Europe that wish to increase their innovative potential.
The Information about the Cordis as well as the documents may be found on the following Websites: http://www.cordis.lu